ICG’s Chief Executive Officer has ultimate accountability and oversight for ICG’s investment processes, and is therefore responsible for ICG’s deployment of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI). Through roles on Investment Committees across ICG’s investment activities the CEO, like any other investment committee member, is able to monitor the quality of ESG related considerations in portfolios and consider where material risks might lie. On the few Investment Committees where the CEO is not a member, including Alternative Credit and ICG-Longbow, appropriate training has been provided.
Day-to-day UNPRI responsibilities and ESG reporting is handled by ICG’s ESG Committee, which includes staff from various teams including portfolio monitoring, investments and marketing. The ESG committee is led by Rosine Vitman, Managing Director - Head of Portfolio Monitoring for Europe (Mezzanine Investment) and Head of Responsible Investment, who has 17 years experience at ICG. The full committee for the reporting year is outlined below:
- Rosine Vitman, Managing Director - Head of Portfolio Monitoring for Europe and Head of Responsible Investment
- Michelle De Angelis, Managing Director – Head of Credit Research, Credit Fund Management
- Jin Tan, Managing Director – Asia Pacific Mezzanine Investment
- David Mortimer, Managing Director – Head of Senior Debt, Longbow Real Estate
- Helen Gustard, Associate Director - Investor Marketing & Communications
- Daniel Ellis, Manager - Marketing and Client Relations
The investment professionals are responsible for identifying relevant and material ESG issues that might have reputational or financial implications to the portfolio company of ICG as a business. ESG issues are identified throughout the Investment Process and monitored on an ongoing basis where appropriate. All members of the Investment teams have been provided with ESG training and have access to additional support when required, either through the ESG committee or external third party consultants.