At the end of 2013, Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France) finalised the key focus areas of the firm’s Responsible Investment Strategy 2013-2016. This strategy mentioned in particular Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France)’s strategic guidelines for Responsible Finance, its strategic targets and operational priorities for the coming years.
Among these key principles, Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France) shall focus on 4 core areas:
- Embedding ESG factors across the firms’ investment strategies
- Reporting requirements
- Intensifying ESG dialogue/engagement with issuers
- Monitoring progress through internal coordination
Example of Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France)'s ESG-PRI strategic objectives for 2013 to 2016: consolidate and strengthen our position as a key player on the European SRI market. On this objective in 2016, Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France) has been yet again classified among the most advanced asset managers of the responsible investment industry within its European peer group according to its 2016 RI Assessment Report delivered by the PRI. Indeed, the scorecard established by the PRI for the report has confirmed the position of Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France) among the RI leaders on its 4 applicable modules: Strategy and Governance, Direct listed equity incorporation, Direct Listed Equity Active Ownership and, Direct Fixed income (including fixed income management on SSA, Corporate financial and Corporate non-financial holdings).
To go further and to tackle its new challenges on the RI market for the next four years, Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France) is, more than ever, involved in a dynamic approach to integrate ESG factors and impacts within its overall strategy. Indeed, as a signatory of the PRI since 2010, Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France) is firmly committed to deploying resources and harnessing our teams’ efforts to embed ESG factors across the full spectrum of the firm’s investment strategies. After the implementation of the firm’s 2013-2016 Responsible Investment Strategy, and as a result of its positive record, with a competitive position always among the leaders of the SRI market in France and Europe in late 2015 and with important SRI institutional mandates under management, Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France) has confirmed its RI strategy for 2017-2020, and is studying with the Edmond de Rothschild Group, an extension of the scope of application on a comprehensive plan within the asset management business line of the group.
In this context, Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management has published in 2016, within the 2015 Sustainability Report of the Edmond de Rothschild Group (http://www.edmond-de-rothschild.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/group/sustainable-development/Edmond-de-Rothschild-sustainable-development-report-2015.pdf), its first sustainable investment ambitions and objectives.
OUR RI AMBITIONS
Increase our assets in sustainable investment
Be recognised as a sustainable investment leader:
- Align client investments with mission goals and value
- Engage with companies on sustainability issues
- Collaborate with stakeholders on sustainable investment
OUR FIRST RI OBJECTIVES FOR 2020
- Adopt a Sustainable investment Strategy 2017-2020 for all types of investment expertise at Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management.
- Define a Sustainable investment Action Plan and an Action Plan on management of climate risk for the 2017-2020 period.
- Establish a formalised, traceable ESG integration process for European equities management, which will enhance our existing approach to shareholder activism and step up internal ESG research efforts.
- Extend the scope of ESG analysis to all equity, corporate and sovereign debt funds of Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (2014: 295 businesses)
- Establish formalised, traceable ESG integration processes for our strategies of infrastructure debt and direct investment in Swiss real estate.
- Dissemination of a sustainable investment culture to all our management teams
- Train 100% of internal equity and bond management teams in sustainable investment
The main responsible investment objectives set and progress achieved by Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France) in 2016 can be consulted in the indicator SG 06 of its PRI Public RI transparency report.