We have a dedicated independent ESG Chair, whose sole role is to oversee the ESG Committee and responsible investment framework for the Firm.
Additionally, we have personnel dedicated to an ESG Committee to be champions of responsible investing. These 4 individuals are the dedicated responsible investment staff who together have a material allocation of time to monitor the effectiveness of the Firm's responsible investing framework.
As noted in the report for 2015, 2016 and 2017, the organisation has a committee comprised of key representatives from each of the following areas of expertise:
1. Compliance: 1 out of 4 personnel is drawn from the organisation's compliance and legal service line, whose experience has been the ensuring the satisfaction of the organisation's governance obligations, mitigation of risk and compliance obligations.
2. Investment: 2 out of 4 personnel are drawn from senior investment personnel whose qualifications and experience is focused on sustainable and responsible investing
3. Policy and Strategy: 1 out of 4 personnel is drawn from senior investment personnel whose qualifications and experience is forged from the academic pursuit of an understanding of investing upon a criteria of sustainability
4. Analytical: 1 out of 4 personnel is drawn from the organisation's investment analysts whose background is also based also on the study of responsible investing
5. Exceptional: People are also drawn from different parts of the business, so as to ensure that operations as well as different investment lines are represented.
6. Exceptional: An intention to improve the integrity of the Committee's framework for depth of expertise, resources and tools; through procuring and then nominating external consultants with experience, expertise and reputation in the field of responsible investing and sustainability, to assist the ESG Committee in fulfilling its undertakings.