The Executive Board of Zürcher Kantonalbank has defined strategic AuM objectives for the SRI segment. On the asset management side performance objectives, product development objectives, sustainability research objectives as well as qualitative objectives (ESG integration across bank operations) have been formulated for the sustainable investment department.
Additionally, it is an overarching target to integrated ESG aspects along all investment solutions that the bank offers:
- In 2011 Zürcher Kantonalbank developed a ESG indicator for around 900 funds. This was one of our first steps to integrate ESG aspect in the investments solutions for our customers.
- In 2014 the Asset Management Department started with the integration of ESG-Indicators in the investment process of equities.
- In 2014 we integrated Swisscanto Group. With this merger we gained around 2 Billion Swiss Franc of Sustainable Asset and could significant rise our market share in Switzerland.
- In 2016 we startet to implement ESG-Data in the management tool of fixed income assets.
- In 2016 we established a specialist unit for the coordination of our responsible investment activities in the product management department.
- For 2016/17 we conducted our first PRI reporting for Direct Property.
- In 2017 we extended our definition of controversial weapons: In addition of the existing criteria we exclude producers of controversial weapons for all our active managed equity and fixed income assets.