In order to define the range of sustainable thematic investment products, the analysts apply a selection of very stringent exclusion criteria. The ex-ante exclusion criteria make sure that our clients do not invest in companies that contribute to the world’s most serious environmental problems and social risks.
Ex-ante exclusion criteria for companies:
=> Anthropogenic climate change
- Companies with coal reserves
- Extraction of fossil fuels
- Operation of fossil-fuel power stations
- Production of cars and aircrafts
=> Endangerment of the Earth's atmosphere
- Production of substances that deplete the ozone layer
=>Loss of biodiversity
- Not sustainable forestry
- Not sustainable fishery and fish farming
- Not sustainable palm-oil plantations
- Genetic engineering
=> Threat to society and health
- Nuclear energy
- Production of arms and war material
- Production of tobacco and smoking products
- Production of alcohol (turnover threshold 5%)
- Gambling (turnover threshold 5%)
- Child labour (own operations)
The analysis of exclusion criteria is followed by a fundamental stock analysis with a strong focus on companies with a high "sustainability impact". The following investment opportunities were defined: Energy: Renewable energy, energy efficiency. Sustainable Mobility: Public transport, Individual transport. Knowledge: Education/Research, Interlinking. Health: Access to basic health supply, Preservation of health. Finance: Access to financial services, Financial infrastructure. Resources: Efficient use of water, resource efficiency.
We offer products on single topics (e.g. climate change, water) as well as a multi thematic fund.