CDC IC has implemented an investment policy strengthening the consideration of ESG criteria, especially for the main part of its assets i.e. private equity investments, in all the stages of the investment process. Two of the commitments formalised in the CDC IC Responsible Investor Charter are:
- Integrating ESG in all our investment activities and partnerships ;
- Promoting the progress of our portfolio companies on ESG issues.
We expect that all members of the investment team be committed to applying our ESG process which is fully part of the investment process.
CDC IC expects that the companies in which it invests take into consideration CSR/ESG issues, and considers a good CSR management contributes to the creation of value and enables, among other things:
- Preventing tangible and intangible operational risks (e.g. reputation);
- Identifying new opportunities (development of products and services addressing societal needs);
- Optimizing cost management.
CDC IC fosters dialogue with the invested companies and encourages them to take initiatives and improve on ESG issues, by raising the awareness of management and encouraging implementation of action plans. Based on ESG due diligences or reviews performed during the preacquisition stage or following the closing, an action plan can be drafted.