Provide a brief overview of your organization’s approach to engagement
Our approach to stewardship is guided by the following principles:
- Good ESG policies, practices and performance have a positive influence on long-term corporate operating and financial performance and investment performance.
- Considering and encouraging good ESG practices will help us protect and enhance the long-term value of investments for our clients.
- Practicing stewardship will help us fulfill our duty to act in the best long-term interests of clients.
- We should monitor companies held in investment portfolios and assess new companies prior to investment.
- We should engage with investee companies to promote their long-term performance and sustainable success with the aim of protecting or enhancing value on behalf of clients.
- We should exercise all voting rights and make informed and independent voting decisions that are in the long-term interests of clients.
- Our approach must be continuously improved and we have a duty to proactively contribute to the development and promotion of stewardship practices globally.
- Cooperation with other investors and stakeholders can help us improve our approach to stewardship and increase the effectiveness of our activities.
- We should publicly disclose our stewardship policies and activities and report details to clients to enhance our accountability.