Below are the highlights of some of the variety of ESG-related initiatives AB has led or participated since January 1, 2017:
- October 2017: ESG Analyst attended 2017 Climate Change Investment and Finance Summit, Melbourne
- September 2017: Head of Responsible Investment attended PRI in Person in Berlin.
- July 2017: ESG Analyst attended International Corporate Governance conference in Kuala Lumpur.
- June 2017: Head of Responsible Investment attended various events around Women in Governance week in London
- May 2017: Governance analyst attended Council for Institutional Investor conference
- January 2017: A Senior Portfolio Manager was a member of the CBI’s advisory panel for their Green Bond Pioneer Awards.
Additionally, on an ongoing basis, members of AB continue to participate in a variety of industry initiatives, including:
- RI Europe & US, US SIF, ICGN conferences, PRI sponsored events, Asia Sustainable Investment Forum, and other responsible investment related industry events around the globe.
- The Head of Responsible Investment is a member of the PRI's Reporting and Assessment Advisory group.
- Our ESG Analyst is a co-lead on a PRI-sponsored collaborative engagement on human rights in the extractives industry.
Members of our Responsible Investment Committee routinely explore ways AB can become further involved in matters relating to the support of sustainable investing. We would be pleased to provide additional details on our developments with ESG principles and guidelines if requested.