On Friday, 16 January 2015, OFI Asset Management and Federal Finance Gestion combined their expertise in private equity multi-management. The combination of the two companies' specialist teams has produced SWEN CAPITAL PARTNERS, a European leader in private equity multi-management (private equity, private debt, infrastructure) for both institutional clients and individuals. The company is 60% owned by OFI Asset Management (a subsidiary of the Macif and Matmut groups and mutual assurance companies affiliated with GEMA and FNMF) and 40% owned by Federal Finance Gestion (a subsidiary of Crédit Mutuel Arkéa).
SWEN CP main activities consist of:
- selecting funds and experienced investment managers with complementary skills and solid long-term performance (Primary subscriptions);
- acquiring units and interests in closed-end funds or investment portfolios (Secondary transactions);
- making direct investment (direct co-investment activity);
- ensuring a monitoring that meets institutional constraints (greater transparency, information quality, ESG analysis); and
- providing administration and tailored services to its clients through dedicated private equity portfolio reports, cash-flow management and a multi-service client platform.
Year after year, SWEN CP enhanced its database up to more than 250 funds in France and Europe and has built strong professional relationships with their managers. The company is primarily positioned on small and mid-cap companies.
SWEN CP commits to act as a responsible investor. The company formalised its approach in a Responsible Investment (RI) charter and RI policy. The integration of ESG criteria is taken into account into the whole investment process (pre-investment, investment, holding period). We also act as an active promoter of responsible investment practices within sector-specific initiatives and throughout the publication of ESG studies.
SWEN CP' shareholder structure, composed of a majority of mutual insurance groups, reflects its longstanding human-centred, responsible and community values. The team consists of 24 people with over 15 years of private equity and infrastructure experience backed by the support functions of its shareholders. The professional background of this stable and experienced team is a valuable asset to understand the needs and restrictions of its clients which are mainly insurance companies, mutual companies, banks, pension funds, state-owned banks, etc.