In order to reach its objectives in term of responsible investment activities, Lombard Odier has established a set of measures it found the most interesting from the cost/benefit standpoint. They are categorized in 6 different domains :
- Integrate ESG considerations in its core investment processes (implementation of controversial investments policies and monitoring system, systematic ESG analyses for portfolios management, development of SRI investment proposal etc.)
- Improve IT tools to make the ESG analysis processes easier and faster by integrating ESG data into applications and by developing an automated ESG assessment tool. These measures will enable managers to easily create and monitor ESG portfolios and will ease the audit of any portfolios (client portfolio, external finds etc.)
- Put forward the SRI/Impact investing offer by improving marketing, compliance, reporting to clients and staff training.
- Better assess and formalize the Firm’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts
- Develop an engagement capacity in order to fulfill stewardship duty
- Develop investment carbon intensity measurement and climate change mitigation strategies.
- Develop investment water intensity measurement.
- Develop and implement new social and environmenetal impact KPI's in order to build new products and investment strategies that have strong effect on the real economy and that favour sustainable development.
- Constant innovation and new products development