For the roles for which you have RI oversight/accountability or implementation responsibilities, indicate how you execute these responsibilities.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY OF RI OFFICER
- To be responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of the Fund’s Responsible Investment (RI)
- To ensure that senior management, members and wider stakeholders are engaged with and fully informed with respect to the RI Strategy
SERVICE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
Responsible Investment Strategy (35%)
- To develop the Fund’s RI strategy. Undertaking research to evaluate RI issues and ensure that the Fund’s RI policies and practices are up to date
- Ensuring that the Fund’s RI strategy meets compliance, statutory and local authority investment regulations.
- To ensure the Fund has a leading approach to RI integration across all asset classes and covering funds managed internally and externally
- Actively participating with the Fund’s key engagement partners, in particular the Local Authority Pension Fund Forum (LAPFF), Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC), PRI, TPI, UK Pension Fund Roundtable and PLSA.
- Attending meetings and analysing key issues raised.
- Advising on the Fund’s approach to handling them.
- Establishing and developing other RI partnership arrangements as appropriate.
- Producing reports on RI issues, making recommendations to senior management
Corporate Governance (30%)
- Overseeing the Fund’s corporate governance/voting arrangements. Liaising with the voting and engagement service provider, discussing specific issues with the service provider and with Portfolio Managers as appropriate.
- Ensuring that the Fund’s voting and corporate engagements are kept up to date and are implemented effectively.
- Assessing the suitability of the service provider and that it provides a cost effective and efficient service to the Fund.
- Producing reports on corporate governance issues as required.
- Analysing internal and external fund managers’ approaches to RI and corporate governance issues, including how they can be used to strengthen /enhance the Fund’s approach, advising Portfolio Managers.
- Assisting in the selection and oversight process for external fund managers with a focus on RI.
- Handling enquiries from members of the public, members and external parties on RI and corporate governance matters.
- Working with the Communications Officer to agree communication strategies on RI and corporate governance matters.
- To identify and report on possible service improvements, including change to business processes and strategy where appropriate and to evaluate the costing of such changes.
- To produce committee reports and analytical information for Pensions Committee and Investment Advisory Sub-Committee.
- To be responsible for implementing and overseeing projects in consultation with the Assistant Director of Investments.
- To comply with all legislation and internal policies including Data Protection, Computer Misuse/Security, Human Rights, Equal Opportunities, Management of Attendance, Customer Care and Health and Safety at Work (including manual handling procedures), Freedom of Information Act, Financial Management Regulations.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary from time to time commensurate with the grade of the post subject to any reasonable adjustments under the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 as incorporated into the Equality Act 2010.