With more than €7 billion under management, Idinvest Partners is a European leader in financing small and medium-sized enterprises. So far we have accompanied over 3,500 companies since our formation in 1997. We specialise in three areas, drawing from a range of complementary solutions:
- Growth capital – direct equity investment in companies with very high growth potential, particularly in digital, healthcare and cleantech sectors (energies and cities).
- Private debt and corporate financing – senior or subordinated debt investments in SMEs with organic or external growth plans (Unitranche, Senior Debt and Corporate Financing).
- Private Funds Group and direct equity co-investments – primary commitments, secondary transactions and direct equity co-investments.
With a drive to deliver performance to its investors, Idinvest Partners is convinced that value creation is a long-term undertaking for both companies and shareholders.
Idinvest Partners’ aim is to invest in market leaders, to actively support them in achieving sustainable growth and to contribute to their international development. Thanks to their high levels of sector expertise and rigorous investment methods, Idinvest Partner’s teams have been able to seize opportunities to invest in high-potential companies and finance numerous innovative projects.
Private equity fund selection expertise
The management of private equity funds, secondaries and co-investments in Europe today represents assets of around €3 billion. Every year more than €250 million is invested by Idinvest Partners team guided by its unique expertise in selecting European funds and companies. Building on this strength, Idinvest Partners provides investors:
- Exclusive access to top performing funds. Idinvest Partners provides access to the best funds reserved for a limited number of investors.
- A diversified strategy to optimize returns. Idinvest Partners co-invests with the top performing European LBO funds supplemented by secondary investments to boost the performance of its portfolio.
- In-depth knowledge of the market.
The management team performs analysis of more than 100 funds per year that are documented in its proprietary database.
A major provider of financing for company growth
With assets under management of nearly € 2 billion in growth capital, Idinvest Partners is one of the most active investors in the European segment. The investment team of eleven partners has a particular focus on the development and international expansion of companies in the portfolio. Idinvest Partners has invested in more than 150 high-tech companies offering potential for strong growth.
To meet these challenges, Idinvest Partners has the resources to make regular investments over the longer term in innovative companies of between €50 million to €70 million per year, based on an extremely selective methodology. Overall this represents investments of more than €1.3 billion managed through tax savings funds (FCPI IR and ISF) and holdings.
Idinvest Partners established its direct lending activity (Private debt) in 2007 and in 2016 it reached € 2.2 billion assets under management. Through thee pillars (senior debt, direct lending and corporate loans) we support nearly 160 healthy European SMEs from diversified sectors and countries, with a buy and hold strategy
In 2016, we achieved several investments:
- Our direct investments (direct private equity and fixed income fund management) increased by 26% between 2015 and 2016, from €3,957bn to €4,991bn.
- On Venture Capital (direct private equity) investments, we raised a Fund Growth for €250m and in the process of raising a digital Fund and a Cleantech fund.
- We created a senior debt fond at €400m and another at €500m.
- On private debt, we are raising €700m for end 2017 for a new fond.
Idinvest Partner’s vocation to grow businesses positions it as a partner for entrepreneurs, working alongside them under a shared vision.
- Idinvest Partners respects the independence of the companies in which it invests and provides them with expertise and advice in a variety of areas.
- Idinvest Partners is actively involved in the various phases of business development, from start-up (seed capital) through to transfer of ownership.
- Idinvest Partners develops strong, close relationships with its partners and clients, in line with its key values of trust, partnership and transparency.