Vantage believes that activities that are harmful to the environment and social development can affect the overall performance of projects. Vantage uses its reasonable commercial endeavours to promote environmental and social protection and sustainable development in its investment activities:
- All activities must be environmentally friendly and socially responsible.
- All projects shall comply with national legislation and where applicable international environmental management conventions.
- Financing investments only when they are expected to be designed, built, operated and maintained in a manner consistent with the Applicable Requirements (as defined below);
- Using reasonable commercial endeavours to ensure that all projects are operated in compliance with the Applicable requirements on an on-going basis over the life of the investment period;
- Ensuring transparency in its activities;
- All projects must have respect for local communities and indigenous people.
- Projects must develop standards that promote favourable working conditions and are not harmful to employee health and well-being.
- Where applicable, projects shall develop and implement environmental management systems and management plans in line with international best practice.
- Ensuring that the management and the shareholders of the investee companies’ understand the policy commitments made by Vantage in this area.