Cinven has also established a firm-wide ESG Steering Group, chaired by David Barker. David is one of Cinven’s longest serving Partners and is a member of our Executive Committee and Investment Committee. David’s involvement is a testament to the importance we attach to ESG issues. The ESG Steering Group meets quarterly and includes Partner representatives from across the firm. The ESG Steering Group oversees all of Cinven’s ESG activities and monitors ESG risk. In particular, the Cinven ESG Steering Group is comprised of senior individuals with backgrounds in legal and compliance, governance, operational management, and reputation management. The Group also works with external specialist ESG advisors on a retainer basis to provide regular insights and updates on the latest ESG developments and considerations, and to review our portfolio company ESG policies and reporting.
ESG Steering Group – roles and responsibilities
- David Barker, Chairman, Partner, Executive Committee Member, Investment Committee Member
- Immo Rupf, Portfolio value creation / cost savings, Partner (supported by Pete Blakeney)
- Vanessa Maydon, Environmental & Social, Portfolio KPIs, ESG reporting, ESG case studies, Corporate Affairs Director (supported by Kal Khalique)
- Babett Carrier, Governance, Regulatory systems and controls/compliance, Head of Legal and Compliance (supported by Peter Moore)
- Alex Hess, LP co-ordination / reporting, Partner, Executive Committee Member (supported by Sarah Verity)
- Matthew Sabben-Clare, Portfolio Review Committee, Partner