Lendlease Investment Management (LLIM) first released a Responsible Property Investment Policy (RPI Policy) in June 2007. The RPI Policy creates a formal framework for the environment, social governance (ESG) and safety factors for all Lendlease managed funds. The RPI Policy is reviewed and re-endorsed by trustee boards annually.
LLIM’s RPI Policy commits it to the following actions:
- Formally evaluating the impacts and risks of ESG issues in its investment and management decision making;
- Developing and implementing sustainability strategies for each of its funds, globally, that address Lendlease's operating principles and key sustainability focus areas. The strategies clearly articulate the sustainability aspirations and performance targets for assets and portfolios, addressing the key ESG factors that will govern how each existing asset and acquisition will contribute to investment value in both sustainable and financial terms;
- Measuring and reporting on ESG criteria;
- Using ESG green rating tools and labels, where they exist, to benchmark and disclose the ESG performance of our assets and portfolios;
- Engaging and sharing knowledge with stakeholders on ESG issues related to responsible property investment practices, promoting the PRI;
- Collaborating with industry bodies, government agencies and like-minded stakeholders on tools, labels and incentives which promote sustainable ESG performance in the property and investment industries;
- Reporting progress annually against its actions.
The fund specific sustainability strategies described above provide clear ESG guidelines, objectives, commitments and targets for each Lendlease managed property fund.
Importantly, within these strategies each fund acknowledges the sustainability aspirations of the broader Lendlease Group and states its alignment with the Group's key sustainability objectives.