Our fund specific sustainability strategies and Lendlease's Global Minimum Requirements for Health, Safety and the Environment ('GMRs') provide clear objectives, strategies, and targets for each asset. These tools are used to clearly articulate aspirations and expectations for stakeholders.
On a quarterly basis, sustainability reviews are undertaken and investors are updated on the overall performance of the funds' assets. The investor reports cover several aspects and include ESG issues and performance.
All major developments have a sustainability brief which aims to clearly articulate the sustainability requirements for projects. Minor development projects are governed by Lendlease's GMRs.
Occupier satisfaction surveys are typically undertaken annually, the results of which are used to inform asset strategy and improve occupier satisfaction. In some cases, occupier surveys are undertaken by a third party organisation to enable industry benchmarking.
Post-investment, the following commitments are made:
- Implementation of the following programs:
• Health and safety; • Environmental management; • Energy and water efficiency; • Waste management; • Indoor environment and air quality monitoring; and • Climate resilience and adaptation.
- Incorporating ESG matters into the following key property management documents:
• Building house rules; • Tenant fitout guidelines; and • Property management agreements.
- Effective tenant and community engagement including:
• Green lease clauses incorporated into leases; • Tenant amenities such as end of trip facilities; • Annual satisfaction surveys; and • Sustainability guides, reporting and information sharing.
- Responsible supply chain engagement.
- Investigation and implementation of innovative solutions.
- Risk management and governance practices