The Joint Board of Trustees (JBT) has responsibility for oversight and implementation of responsible investment activities. In addition, the JBT has developed a sub-committee structure to ensure it adequately and efficiently meets its fiduciary obligations and duties. One of such sub-committees is the Investment Committee, the mandate of which is to review and oversee the investment policies of the JBT, performance of fund managers, overall performance of the CEPP investments and includes the following:
- Annually review the Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures (SIP&P) and make recommendations to the JBT as necessary;
- Review and provide information on asset allocation issues;
- Monitor alternative investments including real estate and keep the JBT aware of potential alternative investment opportunities;
- Monitor, and report on Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) issues including proxy voting, engagement, etc;
- Review the fund managers’ performance and compliance with the SIP&P;
- Review and assess the value of services provided by the custodian;
- Review and assess the value of services provided by the proxy voting service and SRI firms;
- Recommend to the Trustee Education Committee specialized investment-related training/education as appropriate.
The Investment Committee decisions shall form the basis of its recommendations to the JBT and are subject to final determination by the JBT.