To gather ESG information, Comgest uses its own research, the services of independent external service providers and information released by companies themselves.
Comgest’s ESG research is conducted internally by the dedicated ESG analysts who draw on external extra-financial information sources, such as companies’ CSR reports, information and alerts by specialist providers, contacts with companies and their stakeholders, NGO and media reports, Bloomberg, and other sources.
ESG data providers have been selected by Comgest on the basis of ESG information quality and geographical coverage criteria. The following providers are currently used:
- MSCI ESG Research: general ESG information
- Sustainalytics: general ESG information and information on controversial weapons
- Solaron Sustainability Services: ESG and controversial information, specialisation in emerging markets
- BoardEx: governance specialist
- RepRisk: controversial news and reputational risk
- Trucost: carbon and environmental data