At Access, each role accountable for responsbile investment ensures that the ESG policy is duly integrated at funds level as well as at company level. Over the past years, Access has been very active in promoting awareness, acceptance and implementation of the ESG principles within its GP community. It is supported by the following actions:
1) Seat at advisory committees of investee funds
By being systematically represented at the advisory committees of the underlying funds, Access has the opportunity to:
• Question on how the GP has integrated ESG issues into their investment decisions
• Ensure adequate governance structure is in place
• Encourage GPs to report on ESG performance of underlying companies
2) Annual meetings with all portfolio fund managers
Every year, Access gathers its fund managers to exchange views on the current state of the market. On this occasion, Access reiterates its commitment to UNPRI and encourages GPs to report on the application of their own ESG principles.
Access' ESG annual report translates actions and assesses progress that have been achieved.