OUR APPROACH TO RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT
As a global organisation with fourteen different investment teams, incorporating principles of responsible asset management requires strong governance and leadership support, sophisticated management systems, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
OUR RI STRATEGY CONSISTS OF THREE PILLARS:
Quality - High quality investment practices and processes
Engaged - Culture which supports principles of stewardship and responsibility. Strong RI knowledge and skills
Stewardship - Strong client focus and long-term relationships. Global and local industry voice.
These strategic pillars are designed to cultivate the environment, level of focus and support needed to have an organisation which:
- Continually strives for improved practices in ESG integration;
- Has robust methods for understanding and measuring the impacts and implications of our investment decisions and ownership practices;
- Monitors, measures and transparently reports on our progress;
- Has a visible focus on working with our clients on their issues and areas of interest;
- Strongly supports industry collaborations which contribute to the development of sustainable capital markets; and
- Engages our employees globally in our responsible investment work.
The strategy is underpinned by a strong governance framework. Our RI governance framework includes the following elements:
- A global responsible investment committee chaired by the CEO and including senior leaders and key influencers from across the organisation;
- An independent RI team are responsible for the integrity of our RI framework and governance, and supporting the investment teams in meeting the spirit as well as the letter of our RI policies and goals;
- An RI representative in each of our investment teams who plays a key governance role by representing their teams on internal working groups, reporting on team progress, contributing to thought leadership and new approaches to addressing ESG risks and opportunities, and communicating developments back to their teams.
Each year we report on our progress, providing evidence of how we are delivering our RI objectives and the investment outcomes that flow from it.